[DeTomaso] Straps for trailer

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sat May 18 11:17:39 EDT 2019

Edmund Byrne,

I have a section specific to towing (trailer) a DeTomaso at the registry.
(Pics include Vallelunga, Mangustas, Panteras on several types of trailers.)

I do not remember your name, but you should have connected yourself to the registry...
(Sharing a few photos is required for access to most content.)

Use the Site Map for "Transporting a DeTomaso".

Some people strap the a-Arms or 'tow points', others strap the wheels.
Strapping the wheels allows the car's suspension to dampen the car weight under up/down movement.

Panteras should generally not be positioned backwards.  Pics of damage are on
the tow page as 'bad' examples.

A mid-engine car like the Pantera is often positioned backwards so the center of mass is centered over the trailer wheels, then you
have to FULLY secure the decklid, and note the position of the
car for tongue weight.  Again see pics of 'lessons learned'.

Chuck