[DeTomaso] Fuel pump - need sealer?

Michael Cox coxmichaelt at gmail.com
Fri May 17 22:39:47 EDT 2019

I'm halfway through a fuel pump replacement and thought
I would check in with a couple questions. Planning to finish
up Sunday.

1) Do I need anything in addition to the paper gasket for
bolting the pump to the block? I was thinking a high temp
RTV that is resistant to oil but the factory original didn't
have anything.

2) It had a fitting that threads into the fuel pump outlet
with some white thread sealer on the threads that was still
flexible. What was that stuff?

Bonus points if I can purchase recommended items from
NAPA or Pep Boys.

Thanks!

   --michael cox