[DeTomaso] Shop recommendations Texas: Houston/Sugarland/Missouri City

Konrad Szwab kszwab at gmail.com
Mon May 13 20:02:01 EDT 2019

Hello guys,

My '73 Pantera has been in the shop for almost 3 years now, getting in a
sorrier and sorrier state. While the gas tank, radiator, most of cooling
system, some of the brake system have been replaced, the following items
are still scattered in various piles:

Complete previous functional engine
Previously perfectly working transmission that was taken apart to do the
safety wiring and now there is some issue that it cannot be put back
together
Fuel injection system (do not remember type)

While the performance racing shop has tried on and off to work on the car,
I have lost hope that I will ever hear the car running, much less drive it
before my almost imminent retirement and probably death (next 20 years or
so).

What I am looking for is for a reputable shop that can do the work in a
reasonable time and would not offer me excuses week after week. At this
moment money is of secondary concern since my car is essentially a
disassembled trash heap that I could not even sell on Ebay.

I also am looking for the metal studs that hold the grille above the carb
intake. The first two have been lost ages ago and now the other two seem to
be gone. I would like to eventually decorate my tombstone with it and the 4
proper studs are essential for a classy look.

Please let me know if there are any shops in the Houston area that could do
the work.

Thanks,

Konrad

Virus-free.