[DeTomaso] Ideas for removing mirror base from side glass?

Dave McManus Dave at damardirect.com
Mon May 13 09:39:49 EDT 2019

Mike,
The adhesive used could play a role. I was successful using a hair dryer on both sides (+patience, takes some time) and fishing line.  It was very easy.

If that fails, try some chemicals.  Acetone, methyl ethyl ketone or nail-polish remover. If that does not remove the glue, try
PVC pipe solvent (tetrahydrofuran). Chemicals are not instant and will require soaking, maybe overnight.

IndyDave