[DeTomaso] Pantera on the QuickJack Lift

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Tue May 7 17:22:14 EDT 2019

I bought a QuickJack lift back in February when they were on sale at Costco
for $999 and, after retiring and spending a month in New Zealand and
Australia, finally got around to putting it together and putting it under
the car.  I found out yesterday that I need to swap out the steering rack so
this will be perfect.  Lift height in 'high' (as in the pics) is just under
20" floor to frame rails.  I put the rear lift blocks as far back as I could
and there is no instability - the car is very stable front to back, no
lightness in the nose.  I did have to turn the jacks front to back due to
the position of the jack points on the car and the 'wells' into which you
put the lift blocks but as long as you have the safety lock bars on the
outside, it doesn't matter.  It does have a mid-range height as well which
will be perfect for changing tires or oil.

When not in use, the hydraulic lines all have quick-connects and can be
tucked in a box with the pump while the jacks themselves can be rolled into
a corner out of the way.

They recommend standard floor jacks under the car for safety - I'll have to
get some taller ones for the rear as mine are too short when the lift is all
the way up.  The front ones you can brace right under the front of the jack
as I have it placed.

If you'd like more pics, let me know.  This was the best lifting solution
for my garage space.

Thanks

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest