[DeTomaso] bad deck lid struts?

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Thu May 2 16:10:06 EDT 2019

Any info out there on the "too stiff" ones so that we may all avoid
them?
I just replaced my stock ones last year after using a pvc pipe as a
prop for a while.
I got them from PIM and they "failed" after about a month so I bought
a different set from Larry.
When I went to install them the deck lid went up and stayed there.
Although the struts have dropped the lid slowly once or twice in the
last couple of years they seem to work okay now for some odd reason.
 Sent using Hushmail
On 5/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, "Jeff Detrich"  wrote:One more clarification,
by bending the braces back to straight you are
relieving the stress that is deforming the panel.  (The Key to Metal
Bumping, by Frank Sargent)

BTW, this is a really good book for those who are interested. 100+
pages.
Unfortunately, it’s hard to find body guys who are trained in its
principles.

Jeff

the