[DeTomaso] Insurance

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 09:54:30 EDT 2019

We had a similar discussion a while back and if I recall correctly Hagerty came out pretty close to what I pay AIG Private Client Group (Barrett-Jackson endorsed insurance). I analyzed it on a cost per $1000 insured which is what most of the agreed value policies are built up based upon, with some adjustments for zip code and driving record. Mine is $4.50/$1000 covering 6 cars, but the driving risk portion is only charged once (mine is broken into 2 policies). Yours would be $5.88/$1000 which seems a little high at first glance as mine include 4 tickets.

The bigger question is can you replace your car for $60,000 in today's market if it were a total loss? For a halfway decent Pantera I suspect that answer is no and you are under insured.

Julian

Have Haggerty/American Insurance coming up for my one year renewal
$353 for value of $60,000.
Is that high?
Tom