[DeTomaso] Ares Project 1 - Panther

Richard Greenblum richard at richardgreenblum.com
Fri Mar 15 16:51:26 EDT 2019

Agree.  If I had that kind of money, I’d buy one (without the “Panther” stripe along the bottom).

Richard

Austin, TX

From: DeTomaso <detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> on behalf of Larry Stock <larrys at panteraparts.com>
Date: Friday, March 15, 2019 at 15:37
To: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>, GERRY ROMACK <gr2835 at comcast.net>, Larry Finch <fresnofinches at aol.com>, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Ares Project 1 - Panther

Well said Julian

On 3/15/19, 1:24 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Julian Kift"

<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of

julian_kift at hotmail.com> wrote:

   No matter what it looks like there are always going to be haters and

   from reactions across the various forums/social media it seems there

   are no bigger haters than the purist Pantera crowd. You know; those

   same people that for years embraced any and all modifications to their

   cars (cue music for the good, bad and the ugly) and also complained

   they weren't worth a dime. Yes, those same people who now scramble to

   find oem parts at scrap value prices and won't drive their Pantera's

   because they are worth too much and complain about all that too!

   Yes, this a modified Huracan platform, yes it costs a lot of money, but

   then so does the base car it came from and as with many low volume

   supercars and coach builders you are paying for exclusivity. Is it in

   my budget no, hell no, but if I was spending that sort of money on a

   car I'd give it serious consideration, no, actually I'd buy one, but

   then if I was spending that sort of money on a car It would be because

   I had the means to have a lot of cars! And having bought it I'd sure as

   hell be welcome at Cars & Coffee if not the POCA Fun Rally!

   I actually see more Pantera in this embodiment than I do Huracan, maybe

   that would rapidly fade in pressing the button when the V10 engine

   spurts into life, but visually I think it is a great effort and I'd

   like to think Tom Tjaarda would see the likeness and cues that he

   designed so many years ago. Part of the problem of any modern rendition

   is that the Pantera has stood the test of time so well, it doesn't look

   out of place against any modern supercar and in some cases can still

   outshine them. But in reality this Ares isn't a car targeted at the

   current Pantera owner, it is a modern rendition for a modern World that

   demands luxury in a vehicle and for people who have lost touch with

   being one with the car and feeling out every inch of the road.

   In comparison to dropping what is reported to be +$350K (we don't know

   for sure because Tom Kim has been ever so quiet) on a stretched carbon

   fiber copy of a GT5-S I'd sure try and find the extra for the Ares

   version. After all, if I want a GT5-S why not just buy the original at

   lower cost? Because, as I said these new Pantera's are not a car for a

   driver, but a car for someone who wants to be driven in perceived

   style, a status symbol, perhaps for the likes of someone whose parent

   has just bought their way into an Ivy league school and needs a to make

   an arrival statement. Whereas, we as Pantera owners are more about the

   departure statement!

   Julian