[DeTomaso] Installing early front bumpers on smooth nose Pantera

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 14:37:19 EDT 2019

Ken,

The 1972 bumpers have simple studs.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image1.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 642180 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

The bumpers rest solidly against the body (they have rubber trim that protects the paint). Washers and nuts secure them on the inside. Actually I think a batter technique is to thread nuts and fender washers onto the studs, which can then positively locate the bumper against the body, and then second nuts secure them from the inside.

Actually, looking at the parts book, it suggests that 71 bumpers have captive nuts and are secured with bolts? I didn?t remember that detail.

Always learning.....

Mike

Sent from my iPad