[DeTomaso] Installing early front bumpers on smooth nose Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 12:03:12 EDT 2019

 I wondered about that.  I suspect I will have to revert to using pointed studs to center punch and then drill.
Ken

    On Friday, March 15, 2019, 7:14:44 AM PDT, Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net> wrote:

   If you find the original holes from the back, verify the spacing before
  you drill.A  I purchased new (never been mounted and still in original
  Ford box) front chrome bumpers only to find out that their mounting
  position and methods were different than the ones on my car.A
  On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:42 PM Mike Drew via DeTomaso

    Ken,
    Can you look inside and find where the original holes were?
    Mike
    Sent from my iPhone
    > On Mar 14, 2019, at 13:03, Ken Green via DeTomaso
    >
    >A  A My European import 73 had no front bumper(s) and no features
    for turn
    >A  A signals.A  Turn signals were fitted to the grill, not sure how
    it
    >A  A originally was.
    >
    >A  A I have shallow LED lights mounted in early front bumpers and
    don't need
    >A  A any recesses in the nose like the original lights would
    require, but
    >A  A need to drill holes to mount the bumpers.A  I am thinking
    about
    >A  A sharpening ends of studs to points and installing the studs to
    the
    >A  A bumpers to slightly more than touch the nose.A  Then carefully
    hold the
    >A  A bumpers in position and tap with a rubber mallet to make
    indents to
    >A  A drill.
    >
    >A  A Is there a better way?
    >
    >A  A Ken