[DeTomaso] Installing early front bumpers on smooth nose Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 16:03:38 EDT 2019

My European import 73 had no front bumper(s) and no features for turn signals.  Turn signals were fitted to the grill, not sure how it originally was.

I have shallow LED lights mounted in early front bumpers and don't need any recesses in the nose like the original lights would require, but need to drill holes to mount the bumpers.  I am thinking about sharpening ends of studs to points and installing the studs to the bumpers to slightly more than touch the nose.  Then carefully hold the bumpers in position and tap with a rubber mallet to make indents to drill.
Is there a better way?
Ken