[DeTomaso] Newer Non-Pantera Ford turn signal switch question

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 15:20:24 EDT 2019

I have a new Ford turn signal switch that looks and works OK, just a different connector and one of the horn wires a different color.  Just had to swap the connector body off the old switch.

When in either the left or right turn signal position, there is a noticeable initial resistance to overcome to return to center.  Not friction, more like snapping over a projection, same for right and left, is that normal?  I don't want to break anything.

I have used Blaster brand white lithium grease in an aerosol can in the past to get grease into tight areas.  Is that OK?  Is there a better product for this switch.
Thanks,
Ken