[DeTomaso] Distributor / Radio Plate

Steve steve at snclocks.com
Tue Mar 12 11:15:10 EDT 2019

Whilst not as fancy as David's, I've added a few things to the radio delete plate in 5332 - let's see - switches for engine and radiator fans, indicator lights for various fans, knob to adjust brightness of lights, and switches for door locks/trunk release, and an indicator LED for the car-alarm.

Notice too - when I looked for a cruise control for 5332 I first tried to find the Audiovox CCS-100 unit that I seem to remember was mentioned on this forum.  Audiovox has quit making this unit.  So I tried a Rostra - electronic.  Worked with their tech support for 3 months - trying different things, off and on, time permitting.  Probably 30 calls.  Finally gave up and Summit gave a full refund after they read my negative review.  God bless Summit.

So, searched, found a reference on a forum that indicated that an outfit was still making the Audiovox unit, but selling it under a different name - https://www.amazon.com/MotoGroup-Universal-Vacuum-Cruise-Control/dp/B004J0PCWS/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=universal+cruise+control+kit&qid=1552403231&s=gateway&sr=8-8

Funny thing is, they include the Audiovox tech line in their write-up.  Clearly the same unit.  AND IT WORKS.  Perfectly.  Put one on the Daytona coupe - works there too!  If you want to go this route - be aware - you have to add a relay to provide a ground if you have LED tail-lights.

Why this discussion?  Because, in the photo, you will see the cruise  control switch module below the original rocker.  No drilling or change to the hole in the fascia - which is why l really like being able to stick stuff in the radio delete plate - keep the original dash parts undrilled.

Note - the cruise control switch module comes grey - what you see is the original shell sprayed with crinkle-finish paint.  Came out nice I think.

The new steering wheel shows up (finally) tomorrow!

Stephen