[DeTomaso] Head ID

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:26:07 EST 2019

> Attached is photo of intake.  Don’t have any numbers put previous owner
said it was pretty rare.

The numbers may have been polished off but it is likely either an
M-9424-A331 or an M-9424-A351, both of which were made by Roush for Ford
Motorsport.  Edelbrock also made high port intakes (A331 for A3 heads, C351
and D351, Victor AH-II for C3/C302C302B heads) for Ford Motorsport.

> I got a set of headers that matched perfectly from Bob at Precision
Proformance.

Interesting.  I got a set from Bob as well and they didn't fit at all.  The
body and engine stands had to be notched for clearance.

> Wished I knew build info etc., but previous owner didn’t have much.

That's often the case.  Big bucks supposedly spent on a rebuild but the
seller has no idea what is actually in the engine.

> Not much for torque but screams from 4500-8000.  Owner was very emphatic
it was built to ruin at 8000.

Hopefully you at least know what the lash spec is for the presumably solid
lifter camshaft.  A change to a camshaft with less overlap could move the
power band down if so desired.

Good Luck,
Dan Jones.