[DeTomaso] Stretch a shrunken window gasket?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 16:32:02 EST 2019

Went to assemble the freshly painted rear-quarter window trim into the gasket and while it fit four years ago, it REALLY does not want to stretch enough to properly attach to the trim.

Anyone have any magic tips and tricks to soften that gasket and let it stretch out a bit so it can be re-used.

Soak it in something? Heat with heat gun or microwave?

?????

Thanks,

Larry