[DeTomaso] Euro GTS production numbers

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 3 12:18:37 EST 2019

Julian,

The European Pantera L, and quite a few Euro GTS Panteras, used the one-piece bumper in the rear and bumperettes in the front.

Fun fact—the nose of the Pantera changed when the L-Model was introduced, and the turn signals were installed in housings in the sheetmetal instead of in the bumperettes. Euro L-Models used this same sheetmetal, and had their own unique bumperettes without turn signals.

However, Euro GTS models were built using leftover pre-L sheetmetal and bumperettes well past the time the rest of the line switched over. That’s one way you can tell a Euro GTS, even if it’s a bare body. If the serial number is after 4269, but it has pre-L front features, it’s a Euro GTS.

Mike

Sent from my iPad