[DeTomaso] Two Weeks to Go - New Pantera (Project P) Debut at Festival of Speed

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 19 18:55:14 EDT 2019

Bob Reid reported that as true in Reno last week. The registration fee was $250.MarshallSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Forest Goodhart <forestg at att.net> Date: 6/19/19  10:45 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Scott Mead Photography <scott at scottmeadphotography.com>, Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com> Cc: List DeTomaso Forum <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Two Weeks to Go - New Pantera (Project P) Debut	at	Festival of Speed  As told to us at the President's meeting in Reno Kim let his ownership lapse and POCO picked it up for a nominal registration fee. I don't know any of the details but the POCA board should be able to clarify.Forest    On ‎Wednesday‎, ‎June‎ ‎19‎, ‎2019‎ ‎10‎:‎35‎:‎00‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:    Scott,I very much doubt that is true. It would represent a great capital expense to buy the rights I think, likely more than POCA has in the bank. Kim supposedly paid quite a bit for the Pantera name and I doubt he would relinquish it.MikeSent from my iPad> On Jun 19, 2019, at 12:17, Scott Mead Photography <scott at scottmeadphotography.com> wrote:> > Actually, POCA now owns the rights to the “Pantera” name. > > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Jun 19, 2019, at 9:24 AM, Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:>> >>  Julian,>> >>  No, I don't think so. The Festival of Speed outfit is basically>>  British.  They bought the De Tomaso rights from the last aborted>>  attempt that landed the crook behind it in an Italian jail.>> >>  Kim has no rights to the De Tomaso name. He only has Pantera rights in>>  the USA.>> >>  I think....>> >>  Mike>> >>  Sent from my iPad>>  On Jun 19, 2019, at 11:15, Julian Kift <[1]julian_kift at hotmail.com>>>  wrote:>> >>  Mike,>> >>  Hmmm, not how I read the press releases that are out there, but can we>>  believe anything n the press nowadays! Isn't Consolidated Ideal Team>>  Ventures the same outfit that Kim was involved with and the very same>>  that acquired Apollo?>> >>  [2]https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/17/de-tomaso-project-p-debut-goodwo>>  od/>> >>  [3]De Tomaso to debut 'Project P' at Goodwood - Autoblog>>  De Tomaso will unveile its "Project P" car on July 4 at the Goodwood>>  Festival of Speed to celebrate the brand's 60th anniversary.>>  [4]www.autoblog.com>> >>  Julian>>    __________________________________________________________________>> >>  From: Mike Drew <[5]MikeLDrew at aol.com>>>  Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:03 AM>>  To: Julian Kift>>  Cc: List DeTomaso Forum>>  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Two Weeks to Go - New Pantera (Project P) Debut>>  at Festival of Speed>> >>  Julian,>>  The new car at the Festival of Speed has nothing to do with Kim's GT5-S>>  project. They are u related flights of fancy.>>  Mike>>  Sent from my iPad>>> On Jun 19, 2019, at 09:20, Julian Kift <[6]julian_kift at hotmail.com>>>  wrote:>>> >>> I would have expected more press or hype around the unveiling of>>  the>>> new De Tomaso Project P at the upcoming Goodwood Festival of Speed>>  July>>> 4-7, but it has been relatively quiet.>>> >>> The FoS is a popular event among our European brethren so hoping>>> someone can get lots of photos and details to share.>>> >>> Peter Brock made mention to the new Pantera during his POCA Fun>>  Rally>>> speech and would have us believe it is an entirely new design>>  involving>>> German input, but was sworn to secrecy. That is not consistent with>>> prior articles (or spy photos) where it was to be a stretched>>  Carbon>>> bodied GT5-S with more modern drive train. I guess a couple weeks>>  will>>> tell!>>> >>> Julian>>> _______________________________________________>>> >>> >>> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA>>> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes>>> DeTomaso mailing list>>> [7]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>> [8]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>>> >>> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)>>  use the links above.>>> >>> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward>>  any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the>>  list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive>>  or approve the archiving of list messages.>> >> References>> >>  Visible links>>  1. mailto:julian_kift at hotmail.com>>  2. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/17/de-tomaso-project-p-debut-goodwood/>>  3. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/17/de-tomaso-project-p-debut-goodwood/>>  4. http://www.autoblog.com/>>  5. mailto:MikeLDrew at aol.com>>  6. mailto:julian_kift at hotmail.com>>  7. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>>  8. http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> >>  Hidden links:>> 10. https://www.autoblog.com/2019/05/17/de-tomaso-project-p-debut-goodwood/>> _______________________________________________>> >> >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA>> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes>> DeTomaso mailing list>> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.>> >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.> _______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.