[DeTomaso] Engine stalls on start up -Help!!!

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:00:05 EDT 2019

This happened to me on my first car an 850 Fiat.  My dad ran the crap
out of it during the fuel crisis and I thought it was intact but one
day he took the fuel filter off to "get home".  The car never moved
again ('til I rebuilt it) and he never told me about the filter delete
so I just...

I assumed it didn't need one.  It used a centrifugal oil filter and I
thought all the crud was the gasket too so a lot of my problems are
simple self-sabotage.

You need to remove the carb to get all the crud out of the bowls.  Put
a fuel filter on and you should be right as rain (not the clear glass
ones, that's just trouble).  It's a low pressure system so a nice one
for a 440 Chrysler should work fine, or even a 351C, it's fun to try
things :)

Some carbs have internal filters, my chevy had one and my Ford 2bbl
had one that screwed in but the Demon is like a Holley 4500.  No
filter.
sean

--
Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com http://spkorb.org (est 1994)