[DeTomaso] Demon carbs -filter internal?

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 07:51:37 EDT 2019

I put a Demon 750 dp on my car about eleven years ago. I got it used, $285. Demon was still around then, I called them and set it up per their instructions. Cold, two pumps, no choke and she starts instantly. Hot, just crank and catch. How much did you spend?
Only problem I’ve ever had was after a good blast I had a bit of chit cause the rear bowl to flood. I fixed it on the side of the road, and as you say, I never looked back.
The Holley on another visitor to the shop gave us fits. We tried the Demon as a test carb and determined the Holley was indeed misbehaving. After a rebuild at a professional shop (Hobbs Carburetor, Pelham MA) it ran much better, but it still so difficult to get started when cold.
It’s all in the set-up isn’t it?

Larry.
Sent from my iPhone