[DeTomaso] Engine stalls on start up -Help!!!

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun Jul 28 18:27:18 EDT 2019

AFAIK carbs have 3 circuits-- idle, cruise, and acceleration.  If the car only runs if you are pumping the gas pedal, it means the acceleration circuit is the only one giving the engine fuel. Every time you depress the pedal quickly the acceleration pump squirts in some fuel.  If it idles but dies as soon as you slowly give it gas, it means the cruise circuit is not working-- probably a clogged jet.
If you have the correct fuel pressure, I suspect you're looking at a carb rebuild. No big deal.  I'm mainly a Weber guy, so I don't know if you carb has jets you can access from outside to check them for debris.
Jim