[DeTomaso] Engine stalls on start up -Help!!!

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 09:38:26 EDT 2019

Just a watch out for older motors (over 30) I think concentrating on fuel
is the right way to go and looking at the lines and fuel quality and
carburetor function is important for safety and enjoyment.  I keep a
disposable syringe handy to fill the bowls from the vent after a long sit.
It's almost certainly fuel.

Older motors have plastic on the timing set and the valve seals.  Sometimes
the older pieces flake off and can settle in the oil pan and jam the oil
pump briefly and shear the timing pin which usually makes the car not start
at all but occasionally leads to binding where after setting timing the
timing wanders after starting.  That's probably *not* happening here it is
so rare but... older motors, even stock low miles ones may need attention.

sean

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019, 5:34 PM Panteratime via DeTomaso <