[DeTomaso] Steering Rack Boots- Poor Quality?

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 17 15:27:59 EDT 2019

Great Point Richard! I don't know how many times I've changed my boot and it seems like they tear on the first drive I make afterwards.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: steve at snclocks.com Date: 7/17/19  12:23 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Richard Greenblum <richard at richardgreenblum.com>, 'Corey Price' <coreyjprice at gmail.com>, 'Detomaso' <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Steering Rack Boots- Poor Quality?    I make my own with supple leather.  But then, I also make my own seat   covers, leather bags, coats...   Stephen   -------- Original Message --------   Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Steering Rack Boots- Poor Quality?   From: "Richard Greenblum" <[1]richard at richardgreenblum.com>   Date: Wed, July 17, 2019 12:09 pm   To: "'Corey Price'" <[2]coreyjprice at gmail.com>, "'Detomaso'"   <[3]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>   I have the same problem with shifter boots. The car is always garaged   and not driven much (enough). Every shifter boot I've installed tears   at the shifter in what seems like a very short period of time.   Anyone know a solution for that?   Richard   Austin, TX   -----Original Message-----   From: DeTomaso <[4]detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com> On Behalf   Of Corey Price   Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:33 PM   To: Detomaso <[5]detomaso at server.detomasolist.com>   Subject: [DeTomaso] Steering Rack Boots- Poor Quality?   All,   I'm now on my second pair of steering rack boots. The first pair failed   (not having seen any use) and leaked oil all over a few years ago. I   sent the steering rack to be looked at by Mike Drew, and the   replacement boots he installed have now failed. It isn't Mike's fault;   I appreciate his help in looking at the steering rack for me. Where do   I go to get boots that won't fail in a few years, not even being used?   Corey   _______________________________________________   Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA   Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes   DeTomaso mailing list   [6]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com   [7]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso   To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)   use the links above.   Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any   message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the   list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive   or approve the archiving of list messages.References   1. mailto:richard at richardgreenblum.com   2. mailto:coreyjprice at gmail.com   3. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com   4. mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com   5. mailto:detomaso at server.detomasolist.com   6. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com   7. http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso_______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.
   Great Point Richard! I don't know how many times I've changed my boot
   and it seems like they tear on the first drive I make afterwards.

   etc.)
      use the links above.
   any