[DeTomaso] 2511 progress

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 16 21:00:46 EDT 2019

I believe Larry Stock has a chassis stiffening kit. And his is track tested and perfected where I don't believe anyone else's is.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mike Drew via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Date: 7/16/19  5:52 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Larry Finch <fresnofinches at aol.com>, De Tomaso Forum <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] 2511 progress Larry,One thing to keep in mind is that a traditional spreader bar can and does transfer force from one side to the other. A big bump on the right side can cause the right side chassis to deflect inwards, and the spreader bar transmits that force across the car so the left side deflects outwards. The chassis stiffening kit pioneered by Hall Pantera and later productionized by Precision Proformance utilizes an upper and lower bar, with a pair of triangulation supports that tie everything together and make it infinitely stiffer. Hall Pantera no longer offers their version of this kit on their website.  Perhaps they still sell it, but why wouldn’t they advertise it? Precision Proformance’s website is still up and still shows it:http://precisionproformance.com/sc1000.phpHowever since Bobby’s untimely passing a few weeks ago, I don’t believe anything is happening there. I asked Don yesterday if he was going to take the business over and he made it very clear that he was swamped with business just on the service and restoration side, with 18 cars in his shop at the moment, and has zero interest in taking on a parts retail business. So, I don’t know of any source for this kit at the moment.  I hope if Precision Proformance is shut down, that another business will take over the production of this kit.MikeSent from my iPad> On Jul 16, 2019, at 17:00, Larry Finch via DeTomaso <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> wrote:> > Ken wrote - “... stabilize the tops of the rear shocks?”> > Wedging the spreader bar tips into the pockets of the two shock mounts certainly stabilizes the shock mounts from moving inwards. > > But if the slotted mounting holes are retained, in theory the shock mounts can move outwards due to those slots. > > I fabricated my four doubler pieces to fit my existing fixed-length aftermarket spreader bar using round, bolt-sized holes. No slots. > > I believe my approach stabilizes the shock mounts in the same manner as wedging into the pockets, plus my approach prevents any outward motion.> > Or........???> > Larry > > > Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.> _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.