[DeTomaso] 2511 progress

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Tue Jul 16 20:00:36 EDT 2019

Ken wrote - “... stabilize the tops of the rear shocks?”

Wedging the spreader bar tips into the pockets of the two shock mounts certainly stabilizes the shock mounts from moving inwards.

But if the slotted mounting holes are retained, in theory the shock mounts can move outwards due to those slots.

I fabricated my four doubler pieces to fit my existing fixed-length aftermarket spreader bar using round, bolt-sized holes. No slots.

I believe my approach stabilizes the shock mounts in the same manner as wedging into the pockets, plus my approach prevents any outward motion.

Larry