[DeTomaso] NPC: Gas Strut Spring Retainer Clips- Where can I get them?

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Jul 13 19:41:19 EDT 2019

Guys, I've lost one of the spring clips off one end of the gas struts for my
Mustang hood.  I bought the struts from CJ Pony Parts, but they were useless
when I called to find out if the retainer springs were available by
themselves.  Does anyone know where I can get one/some?  The strut doesn't
pop off of the ball joint, but I'm afraid I'm going to bump it off and tweak
my hood in the aftermath.

I've tried a few of the Autoparts websites but either I don't know what to
call it or they are not available without buying a whole new strut.

Thanks, Mike Thomas