[DeTomaso] Original 5000 Mile Survivor '72 L Available Near Seattle

Mike & Elizabeth Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Tue Jul 2 16:47:18 EDT 2019

I've been contacted by a gentleman on Vashon Island, near Seattle, who is 86
and has owned since new a '72 L in Canary Yellow and has decided it's time
to sell the car.  It has just over 5,000 miles on it and has never been
registered as he owned an auto leasing agency at the time.  It was purchased
from Pacific Lincoln Mercury here in the Seattle area and he would be
"delighted" if it were to stay in the area.  Unfortunately it's been on a
rack and has not moved for near to 30 years.  He has all of the
documentation back to new including all of the dealer information on how to
sell the car.  He admits it would not be a turnkey car but would need a fair
bit of maintenance catch-up to be driveable.

He has told me he will let the car go "when he hears the right number" which
so far he has not.  He did not give me an indication what ball park that
number was in but if you are or know someone who is interested in a
completely original low-mileage survivor car (still in it's Arriva dance
slippers) let me know and I'll contact him to reach out to you.

As a side note, he bought 5 Panteras through his leasing agency and still
has all of the window sticker and other docs from the purchases.  I asked
him to forward the VIN numbers so I can put them out to the forum to see who
may have those cars now and connect them with the paperwork.

Thanks:

Mike Thomas

Pres., Panteras Northwest

206-795-3302