[DeTomaso] Throttle cable

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jan 26 23:35:28 EST 2019

Mike,

All the vendors sell a variant of the same cable, with an integral return spring. Take your pick!

For example, here is Wilkinson’s offering:

https://panterapartsusa.myshopify.com/products/08311b

The other are all probably in the same ballpark.

Your intake is only marginally taller than the stock intake so a standard cable can easily accommodate it. What is crucial is that the stock cable bracket on the front of the intake needs to be changed to space the cable a bit forward OR an adapter needs to be affixed to the carb to move the pickup point rearward. Otherwise you won’t be able to get enough cable movement to open the secondaries if you have mechanical secondaries.

Dennis Quella sells a very nice billet carb linkage adapter bracket. Charlie McCall bought one to fix a problem he didn’t have and it found its way to my house. If you still have a stock cable mounting bracket and stock carb linkage, I’m sure you could work a deal with him and I could send it to you.

Mike

Sent from my iPad