[DeTomaso] Good tap and die set?

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:24:06 EST 2019

All,

I'm looking for recommendations on a metric tap & die set. I'd like to get something that is going to last a long time and be good quality, but I'm not a professional machinist. Thoughts? Where it's made isn't a big deal as long as it's a good quality tool. I just got an Irwin/Hanson tap that seemed to be nice, made in the USA, yet the cutting threads have burrs and don't look pretty. I'm disappointed in the quality. I'm sure it's still a cut above the Harbor Freight stuff (no pun intended).

Corey