[DeTomaso] CARB

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:20:04 EST 2019

I agree with Mike - on a mild engine build, an off-the-shelf carb will work
just fine and you won't see much improvement, if any, from a custom job. If
you did have a non-standard engine, then I'd suggest going to one of the
shops that custom builds carbs for your specific engine configuration, like
Chuck Nuytten. But for a standard configuration you should be happy with
Mike's suggestion

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 4:17 AM Mike Drew via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   I agree with Mike - on a mild engine build, an off-the-shelf carb will
   work just fine and you won't see much improvement, if any, from a
   custom job. If you did have a non-standard engine, then I'd suggest
   going to one of the shops that custom builds carbs for your specific
   engine configuration, like Chuck Nuytten. But for a standard
   configuration you should be happy with Mike's suggestion

   On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 4:17 AM Mike Drew via DeTomaso

     A  A Trip,
     A  A Assuming you don't have a Ford cast-iron intake, and instead
     have some
     A  A aftermarket square bore intake, a simple Holley 650 Double
     pumper
     A  A (factory carb on Euro cars) or Holley 650 vacuum secondary
     would work
     A  A great.
     A  A Be sure not to get the cheap ones with side pivot floats. You
     want the
     A  A 4150 versions with center pivot floats.
     A  A Here is a vacuum secondary 4150.
     A  A [1][2]https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-80783c
     A  A Double pumper with manual (which is to say, no) choke:
     A  A [2][3]https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-4777c
     A  A Double pumper with electric choke:
     A  A [3][4]https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-0-4777ce
     A  A Any of these will likely make you very happy.
     A  A Mike
     A  A Sent from my iPad
     A  A  A On Jan 17, 2019, at 14:28, Trip Owen