[DeTomaso] Ford GR-1 Concepot to be built by Superformance

timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 13:00:09 EST 2019

 All,
We represent both Shelby Legendary Cars and Shelby American. This is the comment we provided the media after the news was....made..
"There hasbeen a great deal of interest in the GR1 ever since it was introduced byCarroll Shelby and the Ford Motor Company a few years ago. Many, many peoplehave hoped it would go into production.
While the team appreciates allof the enthusiasm for the car, some of the comments made that night were a bitpremature. Everyone is very excited to move forward with it, but must wait forthe 2015 Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act to be finalized.While the initiative has been moving forward lately, the government’s recentshutdown has idled any progress.
Lance is exploring many optionsfor the powertrain and has indeed connected with Shelby American on theproject. However, until the government rules are finalized, it is too early toengineer any drivetrain.
Once the project is finallygreenlighted, we will immediately dial you into its status. Until then,everyone is waiting for the opportunity to bring this incredible car to market."