[DeTomaso] Ford GR-1 Concepot to be built by Superformance

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:19:44 EST 2019

With all the media circus focus on the Wall, this little bit of news may have slipped through the cracks relatively unnoticed;

Superformance has been granted rights to build the Ford GR-1 concept, which would be one of the first low volume cars to be built under the new 2015 law when it goes into effect. It all looked and sounded great right up to the point I read they have the original in hand for dimensions and will be scaling it up by 10% to provide more passenger room.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/the-ford-shelby-gr-1-concept-is-being-rebooted-as-a-production-car

A footnote says that a company in Illinois has also been ranted license to reproduce and build new 1966-1997 Broncos.

Julian