[DeTomaso] Spare tire hold down?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Feb 2 10:35:44 EST 2019

Hi Steve,
It's the hold-down bolt used with the spare tire.   It's a long bolt,
maybe eight inches or so, with a larger classic wing-nut on the end.
It's used with a small four inch or so concave disk to hold down the
collapsible spare tire in the fiberglass tub.

I sent a photo of it to the list last night but it was probably
over-size so it won't get posted.  If I get some gumption today I'll
re-size the photo and send again.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
******************************
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

On 2/1/2019 22:01, Steve Lisa wrote:
> [...]
>        (traditional wingnut).  My car was 5533 now owned by Steve Lisa.
>        Asa  Jay
>     Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
>     Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
>     ******************************
>     [1]http://w7tsc.org
>     [2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com
>
>        On 1/31/2019 16:47, Mike Drew via DeTomaso wrote:
>
>     Guys,
>
>     Some Panteras (later L-models I think?) came with a molded-in nut
>     at the bottom
>     of the spare tire well, to accommodate a hold-down. The drawing in
>     the De Tomaso
>      parts book looks just like this Maserati hold-down:
>

>     ---
>     [3]https://www.avg.com
>

>     The Ford parts book shows a different looking part, and Wilkinson
>     has it picture
>     d thusly:
>

>     Can somebody who has a stock, original hold-down share photos please?
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     Mike
>
>     Sent from my iPad

>     To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
>     etc.) use the li
>     nks above.
>
>     Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
>     any message p
>     osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list.
>     They also grant
>     the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the
>     archiving of lis
>     t messages.
>
>     References
>
>        1. http://w7tsc.org/
>        2. http://www.teampanteraracing.com/
>        3. https://www.avg.com/
>        4. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
>     <mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>
>
>     To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
>     etc.) use the links above.
>
>     Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward
>     any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
>     the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
>     archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

   Hi Steve,
   It's the hold-down bolt used with the spare tire.   It's a long bolt,
   maybe eight inches or so, with a larger classic wing-nut on the end.
   It's used with a small four inch or so concave disk to hold down the
   collapsible spare tire in the fiberglass tub.
   I sent a photo of it to the list last night but it was probably
   over-size so it won't get posted.  If I get some gumption today I'll
   re-size the photo and send again.
   Asa  Jay
Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
******************************
[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com

   Can someone send me a link to the image?  I will check SN5533 on
   Monday.  I am not sure what I am looking for.
   Email: [3]SteveLisa at PatentIt.com
   Direct: 312-320-5888
   [4]www.PatentIt.com

   On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 8:46 PM Asa Jay Laughton <[5]asajay at asajay.com>