[DeTomaso] Advantages of CV Half Shafts

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 27 14:29:55 EST 2019

I would expect there are any number of shops in Europe capable of fabricating custom length CV axles, given their earlier popularity. Axle length is dependent on the arc of travel of the horizontal (shortest distance) and uncompressed suspension (longest distance), so some basic measurements will be required. A good shop should have cassettes to hold the CV joints and get a really accurate measurement, although you can make up a jig yourself as well.

Unless the car was running a Porsche G50 originally (I thought it had a Hewland?) the CV axles you acquired with it are unlikely to be of much use, unless you get really lucky!

Julian