[DeTomaso] Headlight replacement

John McKee johnmckee at cox.net
Fri Dec 27 03:35:19 EST 2019

For some reason this seems a lot harder than I would think it should be. I
am cleaning and putting together my headlight assembly and the original
Carello bulbs are rusty on the inside. To replace them I picked up Sylvania
H6024 sealed bulbs that have three pins on the  back but they are .32" wide
not the .25" like the original female wire connectors.

1.       Is there a direct replacement for the original with the two
separate detachable bulbs?

2.       Would the 7" Hella Vision Plus Conversion Headlights 002395301 with
a single detachable H4 bulb work? I cannot find any reference for the pin
size on these or any bulbs.

I must be missing something easy..

Thanks,

John