[DeTomaso] Advantages of CV Half Shafts?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 26 22:52:44 EST 2019

I was led to believe there isn't a huge difference in the weight between the two styles (with and without adapters) that Scott (SACC Restorations) offers. That said, I have a set of the with adapter style here I can weigh for comparison to Mike's numbers.

The difference (apart from the obvious cost) is also ease of installation of you don't want to be (or are not confident in) pulling your ZF side housings apart. Either way IMO the upgrade is on well worth the money, even more so if your half shafts require rebuilding and it starts to look really cheap if you've seen Pantera's where the half shaft u-joint has failed with resultant inner fender and/or ZF damage from a flailing half shaft.

Looks like Scott has some sale pricing in effect at the moment, so perhaps timing is right too!

Julian