[DeTomaso] NPC, any PC gurus out there

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 20:59:21 EST 2019

This is crazy.

I cloned a WD M.2 SSD to a Samsung SSM connected to a USB port using the Samsung software.  When I tried to restart on the M.2 SSD, the PC almost immediately says "a required device is missing", like no HD?
Starts and runs fine on the SSD I cloned to.
I thought the M.2 SSD was messed up and tried to clone to the M.2 SSD using Acronis 2019 and either get a message that only one HD is attached, or that I need a terabit M.2 SSD, but the SSD I'm cloning from is only 500GB.

Windows 10, Dell XPS8900.
How could cloning from the M.2 SSD mess things up like this?
Ken