[DeTomaso] Brake Discs?

Tom Borcich Tborcich at msn.com
Sun Dec 8 15:44:59 EST 2019

Charles and Mike thanks for the detail on the rotors! That's awesome and ridiculously inexpensive for rotors. I will probably go with the slotted version! Damn! Under $60!
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ceb-125-61053/overview/
https://www.apcautotech.com/part-detail/12561053

Jack, I like the idea of the Wilwood Superlite II dropping weight and possibly improved clamping force. Also, since I will be running Campy Clone wheels (which add unsprung weight) it would be nice to have a newer design and lighter caliper. This is what I found on the Superlite caliper, but could not find Superlite II. Not sure of its dimensions on it bolting up. There are 20 or more versions of this caliper.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-120-11132/overview/
For $14-$225 per caliper, it's a no brainer.

I'm surprised the OE calipers are that much heavier than the Wilwoods. I also thought that a steel rotor on an aluminum hat would also drop a few more pounds of unsprung weight, but will it make that much difference in performance for what I will be doing (street and some track time) and I have many other places to throw money,  I will likely stick with the OE replacement and Centric option.

This brings up another question, running larger rotors with  17" & 18" wheels, so I have plenty of room inside the wheel for bigger rotors, for those that run an 11.75" vs. 12" vs. 13" rotors, how much of a difference do you notice with larger rotors and will that extra braking torque overpower the tires (front: 245/40-17 & rear: 285/40-18) I'm running?

Lastly, Wilkinson told me years ago he changes out the master cylinder to a different diameter from stock and it changes the braking system totally for the better.  Has anyone done this?

Tom