[DeTomaso] Corvette C8, yay or nay?

JFFR pantera at vtc.net
Thu Aug 15 09:28:59 EDT 2019

I agree with the issues that the first year of production on the C8
having potential problems. IMO, they could have done a better job on the
rear end styling, which as it has been said by many people, looks too
much like a Camaro.

The transaxle that they are using is the way of the future and it shifts
faster than anyone could ever shift a manual. Time on the street will
determine how good it is, because I bet these cars will be showing up on
quite a few drag strips.

The rear trunk actually has enough room to pack for a trip, however the
Pantera still has more trunk capacity! I wonder if the new C8 rear trunk
will get things as hot as a Pantera trunk on a hot summer day? I gave up
on putting anything that will melt or explode back there in my Pantera
years ago.

Over all the new C8 looks like a winner and should sell very well. They
have been kicking this mid engine design around for years and I was
actually surprised when they finally produced the car.