[DeTomaso] Corvette C8, yay or nay?

Vinh Ly vinh.d.ly at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 14:22:08 EDT 2019

Actually Ford did it with their Ford GT but only a select few are able to
afford  it or were offered a chance to purchase one. It’s to bad Ford
doesn’t have a competing sales strategy for the GT vs Corvette. Now that
would be something!

Regards,
Vinh

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 13:58 Paul A Rimov <rimovp at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >
> >     A  A Yay.A  Looks good to me, Thomas.
> >     A  A Mid-engined cars tend to have a "look", given the requirements
> >     of their
> >     A  A structural design.A  The hard edges of the C8 body are
> >     reminiscent of
> >     A  A Panteras but look "too busy" to me.
> >     A  A It can be pretty tough to beat the simple, clean and mean lines
> >     of a
> >     A  A Pantera.A  Every once in a while a design team knocks one out
> >     of the
> >     A  A park and we all caught one.
> >     A  A Anyway, I'd bet most folks looking for a sports car in that
> >     price range
> >     A  A would be quite happy with the performance of a no-frills $60K
> >     A  A mid-engined C8 Corvette.A  (Red ones look the best to me.)
> >     A  A Corvettes have always delivered good "bang for the buck".A
> >     Modern
> >     A  A automotive manufacturing technology has reached the point where
> >     A  A affordable performance can be pretty damn impressive.
> >     A  A  A ____________________________________________________________
> >     ______
> >     A  A From: "Thomas TAP:rnblom" <[2]thomas at hax.se>
> >     A  A To: [3]detomaso at detomasolist.com
> >     A  A Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:08:29 PM
> >     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Corvette C8, yay or nay?
> >     A  A So whatas the communityas thoughts about the new Corvette?
> >     A  A I have never been interested in Corvettes, but the the C8 looks
> >     very
> >     A  A Pantera to me :)
> >     A  A A modern, almost 200 mph car for 60k? I could put some De
> >     Tomaso
> >     A  A stickers over the Corvette badges and be pretty happy, I think
> >     d-
> >     A  A /Thomas
> >     A  A _______________________________________________
> >     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
> >     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
> >     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
> >     A  A [4]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
> >     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
> >     etc.)
> >     A  A use the links above.
> >     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
> >     forward any
> >     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
> >     the
> >     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
> >     archive
> >     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
> >
> >   --
> >   Don
> >
> > References
> >
> >   1. mailto:audionut at mediacombb.net
> >   2. mailto:thomas at hax.se
> >   3. mailto:detomaso at detomasolist.com
> >   4. mailto:DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
> >
> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
> use the links above.
> >
> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any

-------------- next part --------------
   Actually Ford did it with their Ford GT but only a select few are able
   to afford A it or were offered a chance to purchase one. Itas to bad
   Ford doesnat have a competing sales strategy for the GT vs Corvette.
   Now that would be something!

   Regards,

   Vinh

     [2]rimovp at gmail.com
     > On Aug 14, 2019, at 12:15 AM, Don Franck <[3]panteradon at gmail.com>
     wrote:

     >A  A Just my opinion, but the new C8 is the car I was hoping Ford
     would
     >A  A build. AA  A super car for the masses.
     >
     >A  A Don
     >A  A On Tuesday, August 13, 2019, audionut motonut
     >A  A <[1][4]audionut at mediacombb.net> wrote:
     >
     >A  A  A AA  A Yay.AA  Looks good to me, Thomas.
     >A  A  A AA  A Mid-engined cars tend to have a "look", given the
     requirements
     >A  A  A of their
     >A  A  A AA  A structural design.AA  The hard edges of the C8 body
     are
     >A  A  A reminiscent of
     >A  A  A AA  A Panteras but look "too busy" to me.
     >A  A  A AA  A It can be pretty tough to beat the simple, clean and
     mean lines
     >A  A  A of a
     >A  A  A AA  A Pantera.AA  Every once in a while a design team
     knocks one out
     >A  A  A of the
     >A  A  A AA  A park and we all caught one.
     >A  A  A AA  A Anyway, I'd bet most folks looking for a sports car
     in that
     >A  A  A price range
     >A  A  A AA  A would be quite happy with the performance of a
     no-frills $60K
     >A  A  A AA  A mid-engined C8 Corvette.AA  (Red ones look the best
     to me.)
     >A  A  A AA  A Corvettes have always delivered good "bang for the
     buck".A
     >A  A  A Modern
     >A  A  A AA  A automotive manufacturing technology has reached the
     point where
     >A  A  A AA  A affordable performance can be pretty damn impressive.
     >A  A  A AA  AA  A
     >A  A  A ______
     >A  A  A AA  A From: "Thomas TAP:rnblom" <[2][5]thomas at hax.se>
     >A  A  A AA  A To: [3][6]detomaso at detomasolist.com
     >A  A  A AA  A Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:08:29 PM
     >A  A  A AA  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Corvette C8, yay or nay?
     >A  A  A AA  A So whatas the communityas thoughts about the new
     Corvette?
     [5][8]http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso
     >A  A  A AA  A To manage your subscription (change email address,
     unsubscribe,
     >A  A  A etc.)
     >A  A  A AA  A use the links above.
     >A  A  A AA  A Members who post to this list grant license to the
     list to
     >A  A  A forward any
     >A  A  A AA  A message posted here to all past, current, or future
     members of
     >A  A  A the
     >A  A  A AA  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to
     maintain an
     >A  A  A archive
     >A  A  A AA  A or approve the archiving of list messages.
     >
     >A  A --
     >A  A Don
     >
     > References
     >
     >A  A 1. mailto:[9]audionut at mediacombb.net