[DeTomaso] Arriva Tires?

marshallgsmith marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 11 11:49:24 EDT 2019

-------- Original message --------From: Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> Date: 8/11/19  8:23 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: 'Jeff Cobb' <jeffcobb1 at me.com>, 'Scott Mead Photography' <scott at scottmeadphotography.com> Cc: 'Detomaso List' <detomaso at server.detomasolist.com> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Arriva Tires? Dear Scott,             So, do I understand correctly that the recapped Arrivas werejudged to be better than their original incarnation??Dear Jeff,             That anecdote confirms the stateside opinion of the Arrivas.I wonder what the actual story of the Arrivas is:  purpose, tire engineeringand sales strategy?                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles  -----Original Message-----From: Jeff Cobb [mailto:jeffcobb1 at me.com] Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 2:02 AMTo: Scott Mead PhotographyCc: Jeff Cobb; Charles Engles; Detomaso ListSubject: Re: [DeTomaso] Arriva Tires?Tom Tjaarda said he never understood why those horrible Arriva tires everwound up on the Pantera.Also said that boss DeTomaso spent much time in court and with lawyersbecause of all the lawsuits created by those tires causing accidents.Jeff CobbOn Aug 10, 2019, at 10:22 PM, Scott Mead Photography<scott at scottmeadphotography.com> wrote:> Chuck - Sometime in the late '70s, remember my father had worn his Arrivasdown to the bare minimum, then taking the car to Caldwell Tire to have thetires recapped. The newly minted Arrivas were a vast improvement. > > Sent from my iPhone> >> On Aug 10, 2019, at 11:54 AM, Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:>> >> Dear Corey,>> >>             Egad.   I can remember driving on them in the late eighties.>> They weren't roadworthy then either.  Poor old Arrivas.   Perhaps someone>> will take them for a strict stock original Pantera for display purposes.>> >>                                     Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles>> >> -----Original Message----->> From: DeTomaso [mailto:detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com] OnBehalf>> Of Corey Price>> Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 1:43 PM>> To: Detomaso List>> Subject: [DeTomaso] Arriva Tires?>> >> I have a pair of front Arriva tires that I was about to have to pay a feeto>> recycle. Does anyone want them? They are free (you pay shipping). I will>> recycle them if nobody wants them. They are old and no longer roadworthy. >> >> >> _______________________________________________>> >> >> Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA>> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes>> DeTomaso mailing list>> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com>> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso>> >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) usethe links above.>> >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward anymessage posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list.They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approvethe archiving of list messages.>> > > _______________________________________________> > > Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA> Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes> DeTomaso mailing list> DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com> http://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomaso> > To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) usethe links above.> > Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward anymessage posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list.They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approvethe archiving of list messages._______________________________________________Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCAPosted emails must not exceed 1.5 MegabytesDeTomaso mailing listDeTomaso at server.detomasolist.comhttp://server.detomasolist.com/mailman/listinfo/detomasoTo manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.) use the links above.Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.