[DeTomaso] Deck-lid Striker Plate

Rob DuMoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Apr 24 15:31:42 EDT 2019

Jack, I use Dodge Omni struts from O'Reiley Auto Parts.  They are special
order though and take about a week for me but they are lifetime warranty.
I just found that out after buying my 3rd pair, so I know to keep the
receipt now.  They seem to last about two years in Florida.

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Jack Donahue <demongusta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike:
> What would you use w/o the shocks? I have a couple calls in to vendors to
> see about new striker plates - going to buy an extra. I’m getting the
> feeling there are two options for the shocks - with a wing (stronger) and
> w/o a wing - weaker.
> jack
>
> > On Apr 23, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Mike Drew <MikeLDrew at aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jack,
> >
> > First thing—get rid of the stupid shocks that are breaking your car!
> They are likely bending the decklid. Bad news.
> >
> > New strikers are readily available and not expensive. Cheaper than
> paying to have yours welded.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> >> On Apr 23, 2019, at 13:10, Jack Donahue <demongusta at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> To All:
> >> I installed new deck-lid shocks which apparently are VERY strong as the
> deck-lid wants to "fly open" and the gap between the body and lid increased
> a few millimeters - anyway, my striker plate broke and made my outing a
> "Bat-mobile" drive - embarrassing.
> >> Are striker plates an easy-order? Or - do I find a welder and try to
> salvage what I have?
> >> Thank you,
> >> Jack #4348
> >>
> >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe, etc.)
> use the links above.
> >>
> >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any
> the archiving of list messages.

> the links above.

> the archiving of list messages.
-------------- next part --------------
   Jack, I use Dodge Omni struts from O'Reiley Auto Parts.A  They are
   special order though and take about a week for me but they are lifetime
   warranty.A  I just found that out after buying my 3rd pair, so I know
   to keep the receipt now.A  They seem to last about two years in
   Florida.
   Rob DuMoulin
   904.476.8744
   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

   On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Jack Donahue <[4]demongusta at gmail.com>
     What would you use w/o the shocks? I have a couple calls in to
     vendors to see about new striker plates - going to buy an extra. Iam
     getting the feeling there are two options for the shocks - with a
     wing (stronger) and w/o a wing - weaker.
     jack
     > On Apr 23, 2019, at 11:38 AM, Mike Drew <[5]MikeLDrew at aol.com>
     wrote:

     > Jack,
     >
     > First thingaget rid of the stupid shocks that are breaking your
     car! They are likely bending the decklid. Bad news.

     > New strikers are readily available and not expensive. Cheaper than
     paying to have yours welded.

     > Mike
     >
     > Sent from my iPad
     >
     >> On Apr 23, 2019, at 13:10, Jack Donahue <[6]demongusta at gmail.com>
     wrote:

     >> To All:
     >> I installed new deck-lid shocks which apparently are VERY strong
     as the deck-lid wants to "fly open" and the gap between the body and
     lid increased a few millimeters - anyway, my striker plate broke and
     made my outing a "Bat-mobile" drive - embarrassing.
     >> Are striker plates an easy-order? Or - do I find a welder and try
     to salvage what I have?
     >> Thank you,
     >> Jack #4348
     >>
     >> To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.) use the links above.

     >> Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any message posted here to all past, current, or future
     members of the list. They also grant the list owner permission to
     maintain an archive or approve the archiving of list messages.

     etc.) use the links above.