[DeTomaso] Help with Rear Trunk!!!

Don Franck panteradon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:41:25 EDT 2019

I am in trouble.

I was adjusting the latch on the rear trunk and the trunk latched and will
not release.

After a couple hours of trying, i thought i would loosen the trunk so i
could slide it forward and release the latch.  Well the shocks then pushed
the trunk towards the rear of the car rendering the problem worse.

So.....   do i remove the trunk bolts to try and make it release hoping the
shocks do not shoot the trunk lid backward to the next county?

Ps. I have the trunk shocks that mount front to back so the preasure is
pushing to the rear of the car instead of up like the stock shocks

I have no trunk insert.

Any and all suggestions appreciated

--
Don