[DeTomaso] Is anti-reversion the answer ?

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 21:16:10 EDT 2019

Chuck,

Those who attended the POCA Fun Rally last year got to see a comprehensive presentation by the POCA president, Gerry Romack, on the cause and fix for the dreaded exhaust system boom in the cabin. Turns out it’s caused by exhaust pulses bouncing off the washers that are welded to the ends of the resonator tips, inside the mufflers. He showed how he performed surgery on his mufflers, enlarging one washer on each side to change the frequency (or something) and that cured it.

Contact Gerry and he will send a many-page PDF showing exactly what needs to be done.

I was able to reduce my boom by doing slightly different surgery on my mufflers, as well as heavy dynamat and soundproofing inside the cabin....

Sent from my iPad