[DeTomaso] Nitto tires and Pantera

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Apr 6 19:40:48 EDT 2019

Hi Chuck,
As long as the Nitto is -not- the "R" Drag Radial model, then I imagine
it's a great tire.  The caution here is around the Nitto NT555R, which
is the drag radial.  If you plan to do any open track or open road
racing, the R model may not be allowed.  I know it's not allowed at
Silver State.

Nitto was one of the brands I was considering for my Pantera, but at the
time I could only get the drag radial, in the size I wanted, so I
passed.  Instead, I ran the Sumitomo HTZ III.  Happy camper, and they're
not real expensive.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES EC/RO
******************************
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com

[1]http://w7tsc.org
[2]http://www.teampanteraracing.com

                     Given the declining pool of seventeen inch tires that
   will fit my Pantera, the choices seem to be Toyo Proxes, Sumitomo HTZ,
   Nitto NT555 and Pirelli P Zero.   Gone are the high value sticky
   Kumhos.

                     I am inquiring about opinions on the Nitto NT555 G2
   tires.   Good, Adequate, Bad, Ugly?

                                        Curious,  Chuck Engles

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.