[DeTomaso] Nitto tires and Pantera

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 6 18:19:41 EDT 2019

I was totally surprised what a simple tire tread pattern will do for handling on a Pantera. My GT5 was wearing Michelin Pilot Sports, but the older chevron style tread pattern and I fought the typical wide body tram lining for years. In an effort to correct it I did the a-arm modification for 7 degrees caster, installed new tie rods,  rebuilt the steering rack, took every little bit of play out of the steering column etc. and yes those modifications made subtle improvements, but the biggest one came when I installed new tires. I stayed with Michelin PS2, but the newer tread pattern made that big a difference.

Julian