[DeTomaso] Engine Questions

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 12:43:45 EDT 2019

> On Apr 4, 2019, at 09:24, Richard Greenblum <richard at richardgreenblum.com> wrote:
>
>   I'm at it with questions again...are 351C flywheels 164 tooth?

>>>Yes.

If you use a Fidanza flywheel they don’t countersink the pressure plate mounting bolts properly. That takes a few minutes with a drill press to resolve.

I have a Fidanza flywheel on my striker and it’s great but there are definite trade offs. It lurches and bucks in traffic requiring clutch slipping. Simply not enough flywheel effect. If you are going to spend much time at low speeds or in traffic you might be happier with a stock flywheel. Plus you already have one so there is a cost savings there.