[DeTomaso] Throttle pedal variants??

Matt nwpantera at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:14:28 EDT 2019

The modded example looks more heel/toe friendly to me, via a vice and
mallet maybe.
Here's where I unmercifully hijack your message!
My issue has always been with the clearance between the kick panel and the
brake pedal.
I do not have big feet but if I'm wearing anything resembling shoes it is
hard not to get hung up on the brake pedal.
>From what I can tell the panel doesn't really have any where to go to allow
more room as the throttle cable is right behind it.
But if you slide the brake pedal over now you have reduced clutch room and
the wheel well sure ain't moving.

If I was you at this point I would try to address this issue. I don't even
know if it can be improved but maybe somebody knows of some clever fix
besides ballet slippers.
Maybe it's not an issue in some cars. I did have to test drive one guys car
in socks but mine is not as bad fortunately or I wouldn't have bought it.
Maybe it's just me but I'd prefer not having to wear the proper shoes(or
none at all) to drive a car.
Yes I think your go pedal is a one of a kind and will do the job as long as
no stress cracks occurred from it's "customization".
The paint looks very good Larry, it's gonna be a great ride :-)
Matt

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:24 PM Larry Finch via DeTomaso <

-------------- next part --------------
   The modded example looks more heel/toe friendly to me, via a vice and
   mallet maybe.
   Here's where I unmercifully hijack your message!
   My issue has always been with the clearance between the kick panel and
   the brake pedal.
   I do not have big feet but if I'm wearing anything resembling shoes it
   is hard not to get hung up on the brake pedal.A
   From what I can tell the panel doesn't really have any where to go to
[...]

     A  A Thanks, Michael.
     A  A I received a reply from Adam Quella this morning who says he
     cannot
     A  A recall throttle pedals being modified at any time in their
     shop. He did
     A  A mention the steel pedal that Dennis sells and said it is the
     same
     A  A configuration as the stock pedal.
     A  A I think it is a worthwhile modification and thank whoever did
     it.
     A  A Perhaps it was a home-brew project and not done by any vendor?
     A  A Larry
     A  A Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.
     A  A On Apr 1, 2019, at 12:39 PM, michael frazier
     <[1][2]red3644 at hotmail.com>
     A  A wrote:
     A  A Hi Larry,
     A  A You made me go crawl under the dash of 6643.A  From what little
     I know
     A  A of it, this car was owned by Quella's business
     A  A partner and many of his parts and mods are installed.A  So, it
     has one
     A  A of his steel pedals which doesn't show as much offset
     A  A as yours.A  You'd think that would be incorporated into a new
     design.
     A  A The arm on your modified pedal looks completely
     A  A different from the stock item.
     A  A FWIW,
     A  A Michael
     A  A Sent from [2]Mail for Windows 10
     A  A From: [3]Larry Finch via DeTomaso
     A  A Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:11 PM
     A  A To: [4]Email List Address For Posting
     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Throttle pedal variants??
     A  A All,
     A  A While detailing 2511 components so reassembly here at home
     A  A (someday....) proceeds smoothly, I noted the threaded hole on
     my
     A  A throttle pedal was showing signs of wear and since I had a new
     old
     A  A stock piece I decided to swap them.
     A  A What I discovered is that the welding on the old pedal, which I
     thought
     A  A to be a previous repair, now looks to be a modification to
     shift the
     A  A pedal inboard to provide more clearance from the brake pedal.
     A  A <image1.jpeg>
     A  A <image2.jpeg>
     A  A Back in the 90s a previous owner had 2511 fully restored by
     Quella and
     A  A I'm thinking this may be one of Dennis'
     A  A modifications, like his shortened shift lever?
     A  A Anyone know more about this modification than just my
     conjecture?
     A  A Sending an email to Dennis, also.
     A  A Larry
     A  A Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.
     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Email List is not managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [5][3]DeTomaso at server.detomasolist.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     A  A Members who post to this list grant license to the list to
     forward any
     A  A message posted here to all past, current, or future members of
     the
     A  A list. They also grant the list owner permission to maintain an
     archive
     A  A or approve the archiving of list messages.