[DeTomaso] Seat Belt Bolt Holes

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 09:05:12 EDT 2019

Dave,

The holes haven’t moved. They lined up before, they line up now. You just need to align the back panel properly and be careful not to get overeager and cross thread the bolts.  That can prove disastrous.

Having two people helps but isn’t necessary. You will probably have to lift the upholstered panel up a little bit. If you are working alone, use a centering punch to line up the holes and hold the panel in position on one side, then start the bolt on the other side, then come back and replace the punch with the second bolt, then tighten both down.

Mike

Sent from my iPad