[DeTomaso] Riding Shotgun - 72 Pantera & Michelle Rodriguez

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:08:01 EDT 2018

It was nice watching the video, but it would have been a lot better if
they actually knew something about Panteras.  And so it goes, with the
values going up.  People buy them as investments, so you get a lot of
experts that don¹t know anything about the car.  I prefer the days when
you could buy a nice Pantera in the 30¹s or 40¹s, and you pretty much knew
that everyone that had a Pantera was an enthusiest.  Some were brand new
to Panteras, but they bought the car because they loved it - and not
because they¹re trying to make a buck.

Notables:

1.  The pop-up headlights Š ³The problem was they didn¹t work all the
time.  Usually one went up, the other went down."  Serously?

2.  The manual steering makes it really hard to control the car.  Since
when?  At speed, steering is effortless.

3.  Michelle Rodriguez had problems shifting.  Mine has always shifted
like butter.

4.  She was on a race track, and topped out at 80mph.  Why?  The owner
said, ³80mph feels like 150mph².  Really?  In my Pantera, 80mph felt like
80mph, and a lot more stable than most modern cars.

5.  Yet another reference to Elvis "who was known to shoot the car²
Actually, I think he only did that once.

On 9/22/18, 2:15 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike & Elizabeth Thomas"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of