[DeTomaso] NPC NPC NPC Wondering how California banning fosil fuel in 27 years will impact the long term value of our cars?

Robert Gushue rwgushue at verizon.net
Wed Sep 19 14:09:48 EDT 2018

Many people still believe this and also that cars can be powered with water as was done on an episode of Twilight Zone.  There are only so many calories or BTUs' in a gallon of gas.  Simple physics, many folks on this list, much more intelligent than me would agree.  Smokey Yunick developed a system to preheat gasoline in a carburation system in the 1970s' and got great increases in fuel mileage.  He sold the patent to, I think Chrysler.  Kinda dangerous to preheat gasoline but provided much better vaporization. Maybe late 60s' or early 70s'...........Also the "lead" was added for knock suppression and lubrication of exhaust valves.  The lead kills catalytic converters so was banned and for other reasons too.  Don't know why cars today are still labeled to use only unleaded gas.  Leaded gasoline is very difficult to find except for some racing suppliers, airports, rural gas stations.

Rick - Flame suit on - Lol